Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Finally A New Update - Trip To The DMV!


Finally I actually have time to post a new updated blog!!! Things have been pretty busy here in radio land. We've just kicked off our "Hometown Handshake Tour!" It's that time of year to take the morning show on the road to all the local communities in the Inland Empire area and beyond!

My 33rd birthday was last week. Do I feel older? No. That probably won't happen until I turn 35 or 40. One important thing that I had to take care of before my birthday was to renew my drivers license. I had my old license since 1999! Going to the DMV was quite the adventure. First of all, let me remind you that everyday I get up at 3am!! I get to work at 4am, and usually leave around Noonish. By 2pm it's nap time! Around 4pm I wake up and start working at home on show prep for the next days show. So with that in mind, let me run Monday, April 10th by you.

It was 2 days before my birthday. I knew I needed to get my license renewed before Wednesday the 12th. But before I could do that, I needed to take care of a traffic ticket I received from one of those red light cameras!!!! $300 that I didn't have at the time. Well after work I came home and took care of the ticket online. I called the court to see if my license was clear, so that when I went to renew it, I wouldn't have any problems. They told me "yes" I was clear and there "shouldn't be a problem." Well that wasn't good enough for me. I was paranoid that something wasn't going to be right, so I sacrificed my nap and headed for the nearest DMV..... without an appointment!!

I get the Norco DMV around 2pm (remember, that's nap time!). First I had to stand in a line for 1/2 an hour just so I can tell some dude why I was there! Then he gave me an application to fill out, then he gave me a number and told me to be seated and wait for my number to be called. The running matrix board was scrolling avg. wait times. Non-Appointments: 40 - 50 minutes!!!! My number was finally called and I proceeded to the window. I gave the woman my old license and new application. She looked up and said: "Are you wearing contacts?" Oh my.... I forgot!! I got laser surgery!!! I told her I don't need glasses anymore and she seemed non-impressed. "Cover your right eye and read the letters on the board sir..." Perfect.... "Now cover your left eye and read the letters...." Perfect again! She removed the "corrected lenses required" off my license. NICE!!! So she finally gave me my temporary license and told me to head over to the photo window to take a new picture. Remember, I'm supposed to be napping!!! My eyes are red, my hair is not combed right, I'm not dressed for a picture, and my mind was beginning to get sleepy. (you know the feeling)

So now I head over the photo window.. another line! I get up to take my photo, stand behind the line, look forward, the goofy guy taking the photo says: "Are you camera shy or something??" I glanced up at him cracked and goofy smile and then "FLASH - CLICK" PHOTO TAKEN!!! The result: The UGLIEST PHOTO I'VE EVER TAKEN!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A BETTER STORY! WORKED FROM 8PM TO 8 AM THEN STOOD IN LINE FROM 815AM TO 930AM IN THE BLAZING SUMMER SUN ( ON MY BIRTHDAY) SO WHEN I FINALLY GOT THRU THE LINE I WAS REDDER THAN A LOBSTER AND MY HAIR WAS STANDING ON END! MY PHOTO IS WORSE THAN A MUG SHOT AT 2AM! :)

Jeremiah Bullfrog said...

That's funny! I bet Nick Nolte's mugshot looked better than your DL photo!!

Take Care... JB!